Tips for selling
For a quicker sale, make sure your home is exciting! Here is a check list…
CHECK LIST FOR FASTER SALES
- Lawns and yards – remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens.
- Front of house – paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storms, screens and/or front door.
- Other exterior – side or back door, gutters, wash windows.
- Garage – straighten up, paint, fix or wash doors and windows.
- Plumbing – repair dripping faucets, leaky toilets.
- Heating/cooling – clean exterior of unit.
- Lights – replace all burned out bulbs, faulty switches.
- Halls and stairs – remove any clutter to give wide appearance.
- Hardware – oil hinges, tighten door knobs, faucets.
- General condition – dust, wash, paint, fix defects, as required.
- Consider feeling of spaciousness – store unneeded items to “enlarge” room size.
THESE ITEMS ARE SUPER CRITICAL
- Kitchen – stove, refrigerator, sink should be spotless, all work space clear.
- Bathrooms – neat, spotless and fresh. repair cracked caulking around tub.
- Closets – untidy or over-crowded closets suggest inadequate storage space.
HOW TO HELP OUR SALES AGENTS
- Children, pets and adults can keep buyers from feeling at ease while they look through a home. For showing, please be out of the house if possible
- Tell us which rooms benefit from sunshine or cooling breezes.
- Tell us what you like about the house, the yard, the location. We’d like husband’s and wife’s feelings separately.
- Turn on all lights, or let us turn them on, for the entire showing.
- Open drapes in the daytime, close them at night.
- Strong cooking or smoking odors can ruin a sale. Make sure your home is fresh for showings.
- Small signs highlighting the special features of your home will make sure buyers see all the benefits. We’d appreciate your ideas.
Are you wondering what the current market value is on your home?
Call Sue for your NO COST, NO OBLIGATION Market Analysis today!